Can we get much higher?



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You're going to hate me...


      
Don't get me wrong, I am all for the wedge.
But this whole flat form wedge business? Notttt really feeling it. 

Who knows, it may grow on me [especially once it warms up a bit], but I really just can't seem to like it at all! Maybe it's just me; every photo I see makes the wearer's legs look larger and the shoe makes me think of a 70's birkenstock grandma sandal...or some version of what the Spice Girls would have worn back in the day. They just look so silly and don't look very good on! I will admit, with the right styling I'm sure it would look okay, but I cannot seem to grasp why it is at the top for this Spring's shoe! Not only do they make you look flat-footed and large, but they look as if they would be brutally uncomfortable. If you're going to do it, go for something with a slightly higher wedge, it will look so much better! 
    
I am sure we will be seeing a lot of these for this upcoming spring/summer (especially at Coachella), but I don't think you will be seeing me in them! I'll stick with my JC Litas, thanks! 
    


As for another crazy trend we saw on the F/W 2011 runways, fur is everywhere...even on shoes! Check out the photos of Alexander Wang and Jeremy Scott below.
    

    

Currently listening to: Poolside - "Do You Believe"
 
Poolside - Do You Believe by dustblaze

2 comments:

  1. i don't hate cha! i can see how these wouldn't be for everyone...I like them? maybe? i've never had them on my feet but just imagining how i would clomp around with them on sorta makes me cringe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would look hot on you! =] But they are definitelyyy NOT for me ha ha

    ReplyDelete